Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Before, During and After the Active Shooter


Before, During and After the Active Shooter:
Reflections on the Von Maur Mall shooting


“Everywhere I looked, I saw and smelled evidence of a monster on the loose. Store employees frozen under display cases. The first gunshot victim, mortally wounded, surrounded by 7.62mm shell casings. The smell of gunfire hanging in the air, reminiscent of the firecrackers I enjoyed as a kid. Christmas music played, eerily juxtaposed with the blaring fire alarm someone pulled to call for help. I became conscious of my increased respiration. Moderately asthmatic, I was puffing a bit as I relayed information on my portable radio to incoming responders…”

To read the article, follow the link:
http://www.lawofficer.com/article/needs-tags-columns/before44-during-and-after-acti

No comments:

Post a Comment