Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why I teach...

I find teaching/coaching to be truly fulfilling. I receive lots of great feedback from my classes. Every now and then I get an e-mail or letter from someone that truly resonates with me and reminds me why I do what I do. I would like to share one such e-mail from a recent class…

 
“Jeff,

I wanted to thank you for developing an amazing class.  It was one of the best classes I had attended in a long time.  I have to say, I did not expect your class to be as good as it was.

I have been a patrol officer for 12 years now and I have gone to hundreds of hours of various extra trainings.  I have also become sick of going to a lot of these trainings as they are usually put on by some guy who sat behind a desk for the majority of his career… Some guy who has lost sight of all of the realities that we face on a daily basis out on the street… Some guy that probably made policies that he never had to follow himself… Some guy that doesn’t want anything to “look bad” to the public because they might ask questions that he won’t know how to answer… A guy that no longer knows what police work, or combat really is anymore… And, finally, a guy that is only in this for the money.  This clearly shows in their training – and the sales pitch for their products after the class.

It was incredibly refreshing to me to experience your class… A class that was full of reality-based training and knowledge that I can actually use.  You are clearly NOT one of the “guys” that I described above.  You are a true leader with a great warrior mind-set, and someone who obviously does care about the people you train.  You are down-to-earth, obviously well-versed on the topic, and you have a strong background in law enforcement.   I understand that you do this for a living and that there is an aspect of business in what you do but, it did not show at all.  I appreciate who you are, what you have done and what you have developed!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment