Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kicking Butt!!!

Kicking Butt!!

When I was a cocky, young-strappin buck, I remember on numerous occasions my Dad telling me “Jeff, there is always someone bigger and stronger…”
At the time I took that as a cautionary warning not to get too big of a head. In reflection, there was a dual meaning. I think that he was also telling me that: yes, there are going to be bigger, stronger opponents out there. So, train to beat them; not to beat the average person.

His message was that even though you come across someone who is bigger or stronger…Does not mean they are unbeatable. I find myself training more and more professional warriors; some military – some LEOs. They are younger than me and in better shape (sometimesJ. ) I tell them that in a fight, I may not be the biggest, the most skilled, the fastest or strongest…But I will damn sure be the meanest and the most driven. And that is why at 45 years of age… I still win. That is how they should prepare.
I saw this quote this morning posted at a CrossFit gym and it reminded me of my Dad’s message:
The theory of evolution claims that “only the strong shall survive” Maybe, maybe not… The theory of competition says “just because they are strong doesn’t mean they can’t get their asses kicked…”


Thought I’d share….:)
G.H.O.G.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment