Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Do you have a War-Dance?

I watched this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6TRTBZUMM) that Justin shared of soldiers sending off three brothers. They performed the Maori “dance of war” Haka.  It made me think.

Do we live in a warrior or a weak society?
It is up to Men to introduce, instill and foster a warrior spirit amongst our sons. If you were at a funeral and someone broke out in a war-dance, most people would be abashed and feel uncomfortable. In my home, my boys have both an oath and a war-dance. They say the oath every morning when they wake and every night before they sleep. It is a warrior-oath. As Roman and I practiced our war-dance today, (after watching the above video),  Jace (15 months old) became very excited and began stomping around yelling and grunting. Every boy has in him a warrior spirit that yearns for adventure and challenge. It is in a man’s nature! It is up to the Dads to bring this to the surface and celebrate it; not become embarrassed and try to subdue it.

My hope is that when it is my time to pass on to the other side, that during my death celebration, my boys will perform our family War-Dance and site our Warrior-Oath. Our lives are to be celebrated; our send-off to be bold.
I challenge the Men who read this honestly ask yourself: DO I have a war-dance? DO I have an oath I live by? If you answer “yes” celebrate both daily and pass it on to the boys who will grow to be men so that the warrior-spirit thrives. If you answer “no”, it is not too late. Remember, warriors are made. They just don’t happen. That spirit needs to be nurtured, molded and directed by Men.

Here are two other links that inspire me:
Viking King Burial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twvVmJKTJY

No comments:

Post a Comment