Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Cop's speach

In the movie "Lone Survivor" there was a speech given by a young SEAL named Shane about being a Frogman. It speaks of adventure, danger, excitement and the Warrior Spirit.
Here is a Cops version:

"I’ve driven these City streets ten thousand times. I know every street, alley, nook and cranny. The hot-spots, low-spots, the upside and the underside. I roam the streets and prowl the shadows.
...

I am a hard charging, hairy chested, scootin-shootin, flashbang tossin, double-tappin sheepdog warrior. When I vow to do a thing, there is not a thing in the world I cannot do. No door too tough for kick’n, no car too fast for pit’n.

I’ve learned many lessons in my journey for impeccability, some the hard-way:
Luck favors the prepared; so prepare for the worst. Keep one in the chamber and there is no such thing as too much ammo. Its not the size of the bullet, but its placement that counts. Life is for the bold, pain fades, and glory lives forever. Courage-Honor-and Compassion usually travel together and the "Right" thing is never the easy thing.

While others run from danger, I hunt it down and stand on its throat. I am a Man, a father, a lover and a fighter. I fight for life, what is good, family and tribe. Anything worth doing is worth doing 110%. Procrastination and moderation are for the weak."

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Black: Thank you so much for your T.K.O.-1 knife fighting class on 2/1/2014 offered through Blucore. It was amazing.

    Here is a quote attributed to various sources that speaks to your blog entry: "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us."

    Thank you.

    Matt Teegarden

    ReplyDelete